Carnaval de Tambobamba

Carnaval de Tambobamba

lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

Juan Francisco de Vidal

Juan Francisco de Vidal La Hoz (n. Supe, April 2, 1800 - d. Lima, September 23, 1863) was aPeruvian political and military, who held thepresidency of his country for two brief periods:1835 - 36, and 1842-43. He was known under the pseudonym of First Soldier of Peru, due to their participation and continued support for the patriot cause during the War of Independence, cause hejoined a young age.
Julian was the son of Vidal and Ventura Laos (or sickle). Even a teenager, he participated alongside his father in farm work, and in ten years was an excellent swimmer and rider, but also stated that Lima was a student of conciliar seminary of Santo Toribio, and dedicated to the field only during holiday periods . The truth is that he acted in the proclamation of independence made in I knew the April 5, 1819 while landing troops led by Lord Cochrane in his first cruise, and accepted as a second lieutenant of marines, established a relationship with the patriots of Lima,contributed to seize money and capture prey, and traveled with the squad to Valparaiso, Chile. He returned with the second cruise in September of that year participated in the persecution of the frigate test to the island of Puna, in Supe spared the fate of the squadron, to obtain food and water for the sick and exhausted crew, deployed in several courageous initiative occasions, and again went to Chile. At the command of Lord Cochrane and marched south, commanding a detachment of 24 men, took by assault the fortress of Valdivia, February 4, 1820. In this episode, known as Making Valdivia, was noted for his courage, and remembered a phrase he said then: "Where goes my cap, I come."
Promoted to captain, formed after the IV Battalion Company # 8 of the Andes and the Patriots leading specifications for Peruvians, was ahead of the start of the Liberating Expedition. Huarmey shipwrecked off the August 10, 1820, and found by robbers, was taken to Pativilca. Supe escaped, and the royalists put a price on his head, but could still confer with other young people of that town and captured 500 horses and 150 prisoners with weapons, before coming to the Liberator San Martin in Ancon.
Featured in the mountains, to support an organized guerrilla action of General Juan Antonio Alvarez de Arenales and press the realistic positions on the approaches to Lima, and when the city was evacuated by the Viceroy Pezuela, the first unit entered patriot she was the guerrillas led by Captain Vidal. He then assisted in the colonial army harassment and wounded in action, he spent long months in response to his recovery.
Was associated with the Order of the Sun on December 12, 1821. Incorporated into the Peruvian Legion, being in the unfortunate action of the Macacona the April 7, 1822, and must reorganize the unit, was commissioned to gather new troops in Yauyos. Balconcillo After the mutiny, which occurred on February 26, 1823, left to garrison Huánuco, and given legal authority to Riva Aguero, Bolivar resisted, but when he unified the country under his command, appeared in Lima and requested that be entrusted guerrilla operations in the vicinity of La Oroya. He was then promoted to lieutenant colonel, November 10, 1823, and there effectively harassed realistic movements, thus preventing the general Juan Ramirez threatened the rear patriot before the battle of Junin, then headed north diversionary operations, faked to the royalist garrison which was in Lima in November 1824 and to Bolivar himself fought against a pillar Miranaves out of the castles of Callao, February 1, 1825.
Then traveled to Bolivia, Sucre specifications of the Liberator. On his return he was involved in an alleged plot (July 27, 1826) and exiled to Chile with General Mariano Necochea and others, but was able to return, when Santa Cruz held an anti-Bolivarian nationalist reaction on January 27, 1827. He held the governorship of the strengths of Callao.
Aimed at Ayacucho in late 1827, organized an expedition against the rebels Iquicha, whose leaders captured in May 1828. Back in Lima, accompanied President José de La Mar in the campaign against the Great Colombia, was the surprise of adverse Saraguro the November 13, 1829 and defended the rear of the forces at work in the battle of Portete Tarqui, then was established in Piura, with headquarters, and when the president was deposed, was sent to Guayaquil with instructions to the heads of the occupation troops. When peace returned, he assumed command in the Battalion Lima Callao was then vocal of the Board of Military Reform, and promoted to colonel (September 11, 1829), he became aide to President Agustín Gamarra.Beside him was the campaign on the border with Bolivia (1831) assumed command of the garrison of Ayacucho, and was promoted to brigadier general (December 1832).
Elected by Lima in 1833, he joined the National Convention, but was commissioned to quell the revolution started in the department of La Libertad Felipe Santiago Salaverry, who fought in a battle fought in the Moche checkpoint (north of Puerto Salaverry current), the November 19, 1833. The meeting was very bloody and it is said that Salaverry was about to die at the hands of the musician Gonzalez, but Vidal was prevented, whereupon Salaverry said, "Thanks, generous!." As it turned successful Vidal, who pursuedSalaverry to take him prisoner in Piura, but generously helped him escape. Meanwhile he had been elected interim president General Luis José de Orbegoso (December 20, 1833) and staying addicted to the legal, Vidal endorsed his campaign against sedition made by Bermudez and Gamarra.
As Chief of General Staff of the Army, supported in Lima Vidal Vice President Manuel Salazar and Baquijano when he began his campaign tour Orbegoso by the departments of the South (November 1834), followed Salazar retreating to Jauja made the statement when Salaverry (22 February, 1835), and moved to Huaura, when Salazar decided to give up his fragile authority. He assumed command of the National Guard and moved to Lima, unguarded and looted by the bandit Leon Escobar, who was taken prisoner and shot in the Plaza de Armas (December 30, 1835).
Temporarily held the command until the return of Orbegoso, the January 9, 1836. Then promoted Major General (January 13), went on to play the Prefecture de Huaylas (Ancash or), and she remained in the service of Peru-Bolivian Confederation. However, separation of state endorsed the Nor-Peruano, to prevent the outbreak of hostilities with the army commanded by Bulnes refurbished unit and Gamarra, but participated in the battle of Home Guides (August 21, 1838) where he was injured and had to retreat to Huaylas. There he learned the Orbegoso trip abroad and was then put under the command of Gamarra. Contributed to the victory obtained by the restorers at the Bridge of Buin (January 6, 1839) and in the decisive battle of Yungay (January 20 the same year) commanded the third division restorer.
Subsequently, he served as governor general and commander of the department of Junín, Chief of Staff Army General Restorative, deputy Huarochirí in Congress in Huancayo (1839), member of the Council of State and his second vice president (this charge was equivalent to Third Vice President). Named prefect of Cuzco (November 1841) during the crisis prompted by the defeat of Ingavi, led the SLA against General Juan Crisostomo Torrico, defeated at the Battle of Agua Santa (October 17, 1842) and assumed command because the excuses the president and first vice president of the Council of State, on October 20.
Vidal played his high office with integrity and selflessness. He joined as partners Benito Lazo, Antonio Gutiérrez de la Fuente and Francisco Javier Mariátegui. Did everything in their power to remedy the ills of public administration. He managed to diminish the debt owed by the state and taxing on customs, also worth mentioning their efforts to improve the education of youth, it was he who took the college of San Fernando Cayetano Heredia, and San Carlos Bartolomé Herrera But the political anarchy came to thwart his plans. He faced the revolution under the leadership of Gen. Manuel Ignacio de Vivanco, and not wanting to spark a civil war, declined the command, putting it in the hands of Justo Figuerola, as first vice president of the Council of State (March 15, 1843). Figuerola accepted and presented March 16 at the palace, where Vidal gave him the presidential sash.
Exiled to Chile, Vidal then bowed to the movement initiated by the general constitutional Domingo Nieto and Ramon Castilla, and in his name held the prefecture of Cuzco (1844). Triumphant this revolution after the battle of Carmen Alto (July 22, 1844), resumed his duties in the Council of State and legal order is stabilized, he retired to private life (1845).
He returned to public life when he was appointed governor of Callao (February 2, 1854), and from that place worked with President Jose Rufino Echenique until his ouster after the battle of La Palma (January 5, 1855). Definitely retired, promoted the foundation of the Society of Founders of Independence and Qualified Defenders of the Fatherland (1857).

No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario